The Brand. The Brand. The Brand. Every company is worried about brand and its value. Why? As Amazon Founder and CEO Jeff Bezos says, “Your brand is what other people say about you when you are not in the room”. In the absence of complete information, customers will gravitate to the brand they trust most. So why is brand protection so important?
- You will capture additional dollars in competitive situations with a strong brand.
- A damaging brand event can linger for years, if not decades.
- A strong brand will get your name in opportunities where you aren’t even present.
Brands are more than just a logo. They are built on reputation and trust. Losing companies believe that it is only the marketing department that is responsible for brand protection and building the brand. Winning companies know different. Building a winning brand is the responsibility of EVERY department.
So, how do outdoor perimeter alarm systems play a role in your brand? Security departments build brand value because their job centers around reputation and trust. Whether you are a retailer or a scrap metal recycler, brand is important. Here are three areas that the security department can address to enhance brand value:
1. Physical presence — If you look good, then you feel good. When you feel good, you are at your best. Packaging of your assets cannot stop with your products. It extends to every single physical thing that can be associated with your brand. Make sure your physical assets portray the same message as your brand.
2. Reputation — This is where marketing and security should intersect. Marketing is the starting point for your company’s brand reputation. They set the tone for the principles that define your brand to the market. Once those principles are established, they become the entire organization’s responsibility. Invest in electrified fences and perimeter security systems to ensure your brand doesn't receive negative coverage from customers or the press. A damaging event is just as important as a positive story in the media.
Are you the softest target in the area? Is your competitor seen as more secure than you? If so, that is a bad thing for your brand. You should be concerned if you don't have a robust outdoor perimeter alarm system and security protocols. This directly affects the way your brand is perceived in the market. Your brand's reputation could be at risk more than you realize.
3. Loyalty — Customers stay with companies they trust. People value companies they can depend on over and over. Security professionals enhance and build this part of their company’s brand from the ground floor.
Don't wait for the marketing department to tell you how to enhance your company's brand. Building brand value is everyone's responsibility. Talk to your security department about the importance of implementing an outdoor perimeter alarm system and electrified fences. Learn how a national leader in truck and trailer sales turned to Electric Guard Dog to enhance their security, and their brand.